As people progress through their various age levels, they experience changes physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually. To effectively minister to them, we must meet them where they are, adapting what we do to suit their developmental abilities and life issues.
This resource provides teachers with several options to understand people at the various stages. You will find the following for each of the eleven age levels (go to the table of contents page for a listing of the age divisions):
- An introductory article which can stand alone or accompany the worksheets. The article is a good way to help teachers begin to get to know their students.
- Worksheets with characteristics and some suggested implications pertaining to physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual development. You assess your teaching in light of these implications and determine steps you will take to improve.
- A one page listing of the characteristics without the suggested implications. This page can be used for personal review of the characteristics or for group discussion in which implications are determined by the group members. The discussion facilitator can use the worksheet as a guide for some suggestions.
---- A total of 79 pages you are permitted to reproduce!
Great for Sunday School Superintendents, Directors of Christian Education, and others responsible for training teachers of various age levels.
Following is the breakdown of age levels in this resource:
Infant: Birth to Age 2
Article: So, you're in the Nursery. What difference can you make?
Toddler: Ages 2-3
Article: "Let the little children come to me." --Didn't Jesus know that toddlers are the "terrible two's" and "horrible three's?"
Pre-Primary: Ages 4-5
Article: My Favorite Activity: Play; My Most Used Word: “Why?”; My Growth Need: Taking Initiative -- I am a Pre-Primary Child.
Primary: Grades 1-2
Article: The Word for Primary Age Children: New
Junior: Grades 3-6
Article: You don't know the password because you aren't one of them ... a child between the ages of 9 to 11.
Junior High: Grades 7-9
Article: Teach Junior High Students??? - It’s not the end of the world!
Senior High: Grades 10-12
Article: Commitment: Do High School students even know the definition of commitment?
College & Career: Ages 18-24
Article: Paint the right picture when teaching College and Career age.
Young Adult: Ages 25-40
Article: What young adults, ages 25-40, need as they try to navigate life's responsibilities and challenges
Middle Age Adult: Ages 40-60
Article: To Dread or to Embrace? --That is the Question for Middle Aged Adults
Older Age Adult: Ages 60+
Article: Our senior adults need to feel important, like their contribution still matters --because it does!
Modules of this resource are available for broad age level divisions should you only desire only one or two of the groups. Click below to go to the various modules.
Early Childhood (infants, toddlers, pre-primary)
Grade School (primary, juniors)
Youth (junior high, senior high)
Adults (college & career, young adults, middle aged adults, older adults)
The 'Age Level Characteristics Resource' is available only as a download in a zip file with PDFs inside it.
- Adobe Reader is required to open the resource. You will also need a means of extracting files from a zip file.
Due to the nature of a download, the order cannot be refunded once it is placed.
TO DOWNLOAD: Scroll to the bottom of the Order Summary page after payment and you will find a 'Download' link by each item ordered. If you choose not to immediately download the resource, you will have 10 days to retrieve it from a link provided in an e-mail or from your account. You must set up an account, rather than pay as a guest, in order to retrieve your download(s) in these alternative ways.
Remember to save the download and not merely open it as you may not be able to retrieve it a second time. If you should encounter any problems with downloading, simply click on the contact link at the bottom of any page & let us know. We would be glad to assist by sending the item(s) via e-mail.
If you order more than one download, and are retrieving it from your order details page, after clicking on the download link for the first item and saving it, be sure to use your back button on your browser to return to the Order Summary page for the next item.
- You have permission to reproduce as many copies of each age level in this resource as needed for your current and future teachers in all age groups. It may not, however, be freely distributed beyond your sphere of ministry.
- You may not copy this resource in whole or in part onto a web site or into any other digital format.
- You may not resell this item.